Saturday 1 February 2014

Given An Inch. Taken A Mile // Metaphorically Speaking

January has brought 20 hours of boredom.
The rest, exuberantly fulfilling!

First off, huge thanks to Giant Bicycles and National Talent Academy for the steed of 2014. Keen to give it a whirl!


Expected from an athlete or a rather odd teenager of this generation I did not end New Year's Eve in a gutter or unfamiliar location and unaware of how I got there.
Instead I was in bed early in preparation of a 10 hour drive to the Sunshine State of Australia.
The idea of making the move to Queensland to be coached by Olympian and renown elite level coach, Craig Walton had been on my mind for a while. Toward the end of 2013 I consulted Craig and soon after, took the initial steps to setting the idea into reality.

My home environment was perfect. But I felt there was one thing missing. A key ingredient if you will.

No matter who you are or what you do, you need motivation. I wanted to find somewhere which had both a motivational aura within a group and a coach who is capable of helping me achieve the great things that I am driven to execute.
The Gold Coast had both of these elements. It was the perfect place really. I liked the training and the people. And that helps. A fair bit!

Over the years I’ve learn’t that my mind is my biggest rival. Be that as it may, I've somewhat tamed my thought processes and learned to make the right decisions and think of what's best for me long term rather than what will get me where l want to be now and unsure of what the future will hold.
Therefore, due to some uncontrollable's, I have moved back home to NSW. It was a tough choice but I feel it was the right one.


My training up there was going really well. I know what I am capable of and I had made the initial steps to getting there before I left NSW. Once I got to Queensland I only improved week to week and I have had a much needed confidence boost thanks to Craig, some of the athletes and other members of the Queensland sporting community.
I learned a lot of things. One of which; racing doesn't have to be a big deal. Going out there and having fun, getting a feel for it and testing yourself is all apart of the process.
That I did, twice, and couldn't be happier!


I wrote this before anything else on the document, it didn't really fit in anywhere so think of it as a foot note or notable quote..



If you lose confidence, almost all hope of achieving your goals is lost along with it.
However, if you stick it out for a while you'll find your feet again. And when you do, the result is incomparable.

I've found my feet.



Slightly hubris, cocky, bumptious and arrogant of me but the feeling is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment