Tuesday 6 May 2014

April!

Upon initial thought processes of what I'd so generously be revealing to the world about my life I came to realise I had not provided a prose recapping the month known as March. To be completely honest, the thought crossed my mind throughout the days bringing March 2014 to an end. But act upon them I did not.
Although, there were a few races from that month and given that pre and post competition banter is always included, all mention worthy escapades have been shared.

Speaking of escapades. April saw a few exciting moments.
Just to clear things up - No, there is no woman in my life named April who has been accompanying me anywhere.
It is with the utmost of regrets that I inform you I am simply speaking of the month.

I can't remember the exact date but I'm fairly sure it was early in the month that I made the decision to drive down to Melbourne. A hazy cloud of excitement had developed in my brain so minor pieces of information were lost.

The plan was to reside at the Tobin-White abode until further notice..
Not really, I had 2 weeks in mind mainly because:
- It was nearing Easter time
- I probably should spend time with my family, and
- I'm leaving all connections with reality for a few months.

The main reasons for the trip was because I had been in talks with Danielle about traveling through Europe with VIS. I wanted firstly to get a feel for how they train and what to expect with certain sessions and what not.
As well as the fact that Mitch was on a break and our newly appointed athlete training partner friend Blake spends many of the ideal training hours at work. So I'd be training el solo.
And Keiran was overseas on family related tasks. Something about a wedding and family holiday. I was confused because I thought super coaches don't take days off.

Anyway all of the above = let's go to Melbourne.

The two weeks flew by and I had been left feeling very confident about Europe round 2 and also quite positive about the crew and what is to come.

Week 1 I struggled with the intensity. After communication had been achieved Keiran put my competitive mind at rest, and reminded me that I'd just had a mid-season break and aerobic had been the focus.
He said it may be too much but if I'm coping then that's absolutely fantastic.

Week 2 went much better.

After a long drive I'd finally reached the HQ. For the most part training has been boring without ATPF and Mitch.

I look forward to relaying monthly information about my travels and the prompt updates from my races. I don't expect anyone to be sitting on their hands waiting for an update but if you see I've gotten my act together and written something then I'd appreciate your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment